Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Vote For Our Celebrity Crushes!

It occurs to me that this new "inter-net-web" might be able to serve a greater purpose than the exhibition of family photos. So today, an interactive poll! This way, the inter-net-web can serve its purpose as a reminder to us of the pathetic insignificance of our existence, as we are reminded through polling that no one actually reads this blog but those who author it.

Onward!

Today's The Farrenkopf Family Inter-Net-Web Blog Poll: Choose Mother and Father's Celebrity Crushes!

One of the quirky little traits of our quirky little marriage is that Mother and I allow each other one Celebrity Crush, for life or at-a-time, respectively. This is what is known in relationship literature as "charming," as "developing a sense of playfulness in the relationship," and as a "red flag."

Today, by posting to the comments section, YOU get to decide our Celebrity Crushes.

First, for Father. Which of the following do you think would be the best Celebrity Crush for me?





1. Angelina Jolie

Father was first introduced to the charms of Ms Jolie on a plane flight, during which her fine film "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" was shown. Father failed to rent head-phones for the film, but it turns out that sound is not needed to enjoy the subtle charms of Ms Jolie's outstanding performance.







2. Tina Fey

Ms Fey, former head-writer of "Saturday Night Live" and star of her own "30 Rock" television program, is included here to illustrate that Father is not intimidated by intelligent, successful potential Celebrity Crushes. Also, she's smokin'.










3. The Cast of "Desperate Housewives"

But not Bree. Or Carlos.






Okay, now it is Mother's turn. Please vote only once.




1. Abraham Lincoln

Sixteenth President of the United States and creator of the terrific "Gettysburg Address" and "Emancipation Proclamation," Honest Abe loves long walks on the beach, red wine at bedtime, and women who look him in the eye.








2. Carol O'Connor

Star of "All In The Family" and "Archie's Place," as well as some cop show later on, Mr. O'Connor is not intimidating to Father both because he has a woman's name, and because he's been dead since 2001.










3. Rick Springfield

Mother's obsession with Mr. Springfield is well established in family lore. Father has no problem with this. Do not vote for Rick Springfield.




Let the voting commence!

Looking Ahead: Tonight Mother and I will be joining Cal Ripken, Jr. at a social function! Cal Ripken is a very successful player of The Baseball Game. This is particularly exciting for me, as I am fascinated by the world of sport due to the months that I played intramural soccer in the second grade.

7 comments:

Tressi said...

This is my first time checking out a blog. It's awesome. The pictures are great.
I vote as follows:

Father: Tina Fay, I dislike Angelina Jolie
Mother: Rick Springfield, I guess

Unknown said...

For the Father...Angelina Jolie.

For the Mother...RICK SPRINGFIELD ALL THE WAY!!!...and that does NOT look like Rick btw.

From someone who's hubby doesn't mind her Rick obession either :)

Cammie said...

Seeing as Angelina (or as I like to call her Skank-alina) is lined up to be the future step mother of my children I will have to vote Tina Fey for Father....and for Mother....Rick baby!!

Gina said...

I'm gonna have to agree with Cammie on this one. As much as Father would truely love Ms. Jolie, I gotta go with Tina.

As for Mother, Rick is a no brainer...but only Rick the rocker and not Rick as creepy Dr. Noak Drake.

Anonymous said...

I think, based on my knowledge of father's personality, that it would be entirely appropriate to start a write-in campaign. Let's help father tap into his hidden side, the side that respects and admires women for their accomplishments, rather than their "accomplishments."

I nominate Madeline Albright.

I will also add that, indeed, the Noah Drake character was creepy and that I have a photo of myself with the actor who played Scotty on General Hospital.

Anonymous said...

This mothers obsession with Mr. Springfield is well established in our family lore also, so 10 votes for Rick !!!!! (And hubby has no problem with it either) For goodness sakes, put a pic of that gorgeous man on there !! What are you afraid of ?? LOL

Anonymous said...

Father seems like more of a Tina Fey kind of guy, which I can relate to (Don't think less of me, Eldest,).

Mother strikes me as someone who would appreciate honesty, and who could be more honest than good ol' Honest Abe? Father could. Father wins.