Monday, June 16, 2008

Daughter is Off to Camp

While Father and Eldest are doing service work in New Orleans, Daughter is spending a week at Girl Scout Camp. Youngest and I dropped her off in the S. High Street Lowe's parking lot yesterday afternoon for a bus ride to Camp Molly Lauman.

While waiting in line to board the bus, Daughter said several times, "I think I changed my mind. I really don't want to go." I reassured her that she would have an amazing time and would most likely be saying, "I don't want to go home," by the time Friday rolls around. Once her best friend joined her, she seemed OK and ready for the adventure. The girls were excited to get the front seat - and a good view of the television to watch DVDs on the way to camp! Yes, DVDs on the way to camp . . .

Camp should be a great experience for Daughter - horseback riding, campfires, hiking, sports, swimming.

But the mom in me has to admit that I did spend a good part of the night watching weather radar as severe storms rolled through Lucasville, Ohio and wondering just how well platform tents hold up in 50mph gusts . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did not know you guys were in New Orleans. Oh, and you put Eldest's name in a few blogs down....heehee. Have fun!!