Saturday, April 7, 2007

Flatulence, Tea Makers, and Paradise on an Airplane

A Twelve-Year-Old's View of England
courtesy of Eldest's Journal

Date: March 22nd, ‘07
Time: Around 3:00 pm
Where: Hotel (finally!)

Day One

After semi-malfunctioning ear plugs (my fault), constipation (not my fault) and hunger, not to mention three or four train rides, I let out horrible farts, composing and conducting a flatulent symphony in less than 12 seconds. I’ll call it [Eldest’s] 1st. Today was a good day (so far) except for the previously mentioned ailments.

Kensington Gardens is beautiful, but I’m disappointed that just about everything was dead. I had bookmarked that in my London for Dummies book, so I can check seeing the gardens off for now. The gardens are right next to our hotel, which makes it easy to go to them. I’ll probably see them a lot, considering that we can also use them as a means of transportation.

Lunch was fairly interesting, because we chose a Chinese restaurant, and the food was great. However, they didn’t give us silverware. Only chopsticks. Grandpa coped by using one of the serving spoons (we shared two plates), but Bumma and I seemed to be pretty good with the wooden eating utensils.

Bumma and Grandpa are both asleep, and I've decided to write in this. It was only until recently, though, that I thought Bumma and Grandpa knew what they were doing! We had to ask the hotel concierge when Spamalot is showing at the Palace. I was a little bummed that it wasn’t at the Globe.

I’m not quite sure, but I think that I’ll buy a beanie. I love them, and it’s one of the better souvenirs that you can find around in shops.

I’ve been surprised at how un-English some of the accent have been around here. There have been a few really nice cars, though (I’m putting this down because my friends want me to take pictures of “the nice England cars” for them.)

The plane was great (at least the one to here). We ended up having the middle section all to ourselves. That was nice because I got to lay down, and had two pillows. But this plane was like heaven! They had on-demand movies, music, games, and a map so that you could follow the plane via GPS.

England’s a lot more crowded than I expected, too. Everything’s right on top of each other. That’s probably for tax reasons. The hotel is a lot nicer than I expected (after the cramped- ness) too. There are three twin-sized beds, so everybody gets their own. There’s also a tea maker and a tiny TV. I’ve yet to check out the bathroom, though.

The time change hasn’t been too much of a problem for me, but I probably should get a little sleep soon if I can; don’t wanna miss any of Spamalot!


We haven’t gone on the tube yet, so I’m looking forward to that. By the way, I don’t think I’m going to have any Indian food. In England, every restaurant’s menu is in its front window, and guess their special for today. No, really. Guess. . . . Done? ‘Kay, it was fried seaweed! Eck! Don’t think that I’ll have any of that.

I’m kinda out of things so far for today, unless you want to hear about us sitting in our hotel’s lounge watching the top forty ‘80s songs strictly by women. Well first we. . .kidding.

Okay, I think I’m gonna sign off for today. I’m all out of stuff!

Love ya,

[Eldest]

No comments: